October 03, 2016

Can you color too much?

I started a new coloring group this past weekend.  It is so relaxing to sit around with a group of ladies and just color! 



Because of the season, we started with leaves and fall colors.  The trick is, CTMH doesn't carry a lot of fall colors in the Shin Han set but what they did do, was provide a color recipe for all 40 exclusive colors. 

I choose Poppy, Goldrush, Desert Sand and Canary for my fall color selection (and to coordinate with Swan Lake paper packet).  Creating those 4 colors required layering of different colors to create the desired color.
  • Poppy= clay, lt orange, carmine, and pastel green
  • Goldrush= clay and marigold yellow
  • Desert Sand= pastel green and clay
  • Canary= Lt. orange and Pastel green 3x's
When you layer the inks in the order above, you do get the colors you are looking for!  It really is magic!  If you would like the "recipe" for the CTMH colors made from our 25 Shin Han markers, contact me and I will email you the file. 

Another technique I shared with my coloring groups is creating your own coloring pages (which you can then turn into beautiful cards).

For this month I used the Lovely Leaves stamp set
One of the benefits of My Acrylix stamps is that multiple stamps can be added to a single block to create "one" stamp.  I arranged the leaves on the block below, using a "triangle" pattern to use for random stamping.  You can see the idea of "triangle" random stamp here








Then using Memento Black ink, which, when dry, resists bleeding with alcohol markers, I stamped on White Daisy cardstock, nesting the leaves together.  When you look closely, you can see a pattern but when colored and then cut up for cards, the pattern becomes random.  (My sheet of paper is 5.5 x 12, easy to cut into 5.5 x 3 pieces to create 4 cards.)





Finally, after coloring my leaves and cutting, I added a touch of Swan Lake paper and coordinating cardstock to create this card. 

"Happy Fall" is from the Woodland Critters stamp set.  
If you are local and would like to join my coloring club, we meet the first Saturday of the month.  Each month, for 6 months, you receive 4 Shin Han markers and supplies to create 3 cards.  If you are not local, but would like a kit, these are also available. 

Enjoy the fall colors,
Michele







No comments:

Post a Comment