July 10, 2013

For Always Large Tag

I was asked to create a piece of art for an Operation Smile auction at the Close to My Heart convention.  What an honor AND scary thing.  I decided to keep it small and work on a decorative tag.  This is about 8 inches in height but was so fun to decorate with bling, ribbon and pearls.  I think the winning bid was $20.  In total, the auction brought in $1271 which will provide 5 surgeries for new smiles. 

Close to My Heart-CTMH-Artiste- ArtPhilosophy-Cricut-For Always-Glitter

I created this tag using the Artiste Cricut cartridge, For Always paper packet, Black Glitter Paper, For Always Textiles and a variety of buttons, bling and ribbon. 

I used the banner stamp from the Artiste Cartridge stamp set and masked out the Happy birthday words.  Then I added  the “Happiness is…” stamp is from  Floral Happiness.  The versatility of the clear acrylic stamps made this an easy way to get exactly the look I wanted.  

Did you know that Close to My Heart gives a portion of the proceeds from every stamp set sold to Operation Smile?  Although I am not good at asking, you can round up your order total and donate the extra to Operation Smile every time.   I am going to work on that this year!

Want to know more about Operation Smile?  You can read about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment