April 18, 2012

STELLA!

At our retreat a couple of weeks ago, many of us were using the paper packet called Stella.  Whenever it was referred to someone would yell “STELLA!”  So where does that come from? 

A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
Marlon Brando as Stanley Kowalski stands on the street shouting his wife's name after he's booted out of the house by Stella (Kim Hunter) over a fight about her sister, Blanche DuBois (Vivien Leigh). Stella relents, going to her brutish husband.

And then again in season of 3 of Seinfeld, Elaine imitates the scene yelling “Stella!” in an episode. 

Thanks to the internet, I am able to figure this all out.  I still laugh when I see this paper packet…

Closetomyheart-CTMH-Stella1Closetomyheart-CTMH-Stella2

Creating these flowers is easy with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and the “Just for You” stamp set.  First I cut two large flowers using the Cricut.  Then I stamped petals on the back of different patterned paper and cut the out.  For the buds, I cut the second large flower into thirds.  The Stella Complements are used for the floral stems/vines.  I love how this all comes together. 

Closetomyheart-CTMH-Stella3

No comments:

Post a Comment