November 19, 2010

One of my favorite things: Stars!


Full confession:  I spend too much time browsing blogs.  But, I do find some really cool things like an oragami pattern to make these stars!  I did these stars starting with a 12 x 12 paper so they are fairly large.  They are great smaller as well and can be used as a tree ornament.  Here's the link to the tutorial I followed.  The papers I used are from the Mistletoe paper packet and inked with a chocolate brown distressing ink.  I then put a deorative brad from the Mistletoe embellishments in the middle.  Give it a try and see what you think?  I plan to make some smaller ones and will try to make a step by step tutorial to go with it so you have more than just the drawing shown on the link.  Don't you think it would make a nice garland, strung together?  May have to try that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment