April 26, 2010

My School Days

When I look back, I have found that I have been a scrapbooker for much of my life. The summer after my freshman year in college, I went home to work and in my spare time, I put together a scrapbook of my childhood/teen "formal" photos with rubber cement. My mom had painted (she was an amazing artist) a scrapbook cover for this "album" but this project never got put together. So, I pulled out the pages and using the versatility of the Miracle kit redid these photos.



As I scrapbooked these photos again, I found myself appreciating some different thoughts and memories about my childhood. In my elementary school photos, with the exception of two of the outfits, my mom sewed all of those clothes I was wearing. The other two were hand - me - downs. In my junior high and high school photos, I had sewn the outfits I was wearing.


My parents said that I could get my ears pierced when I was 10. I noticed my pierced ears in my 5th grade photo. I made the same age requirement for my girls and they both now have their ears pierced, a rite of passage maybe.



Scrapbooking in retrospect has given me a fresh perspective on my life, the gifts, the growth, and who I have become. I look forward to re-scrapping some other photos in the future!

1 comment:

  1. That is a sweet commentary about your photos, remembering that your mom sewed your clothes, and you did in JH and HS. I did the same. I can hardly believe it now, I used to make blouses with collars and pants with waistbands and zippers! Wonder if I still could?

    ReplyDelete