November 25, 2009

Tutorial: "Backside" stamping

An easy way to "color" a stamped image is to use the back side of the stamp.  In this tutorial, I will show you the simple steps to take and take the "white" out of the image and replace it with a softer color.  First, stamp your image. 


Here I used the garnet ink and stamp set from the Sweet Home Workshop on The Go. 


Next, after cleaning the stamp, I removed it from the block, turned it over and put it on the block, image side down.  I ink the backside, stamped off on scratch paper and then stamped over the orginal flower image.

Finally, I cut the image out using the microtip scissors and added it to my card. 




The finished card.  I used this technique on all the stamped images, including the border on the upper left hand square.  Your turn.  Give this technique a try and send me a photo of the results! 

No comments:

Post a Comment