August 24, 2015

How do you get back to being creative after a hiatus?

I have been away from my creative space for just over two weeks and 7 days of that was also being completely unplugged and off the grid.  Oh my soul was thirsty when I got home!  I even had three boxes of new product waiting for me when I got home but I didn't know where to start...

Where would you start? 

Here's what I did...I had a set of pieces cut for a Ladies night out that I hosted just before I left.  The stamps were still on the blocks, the inks were stacked (thankfully closed up) next to the basket of paper pieces and the sample was sitting there too. 


My first thought was to just finish up the set of cards like the sample but then I remembered one of the ladies who attended had made the card COMPLETELY different from my sample.  I complimented her on it as it was beautiful!  She said "I didn't know I was supposed to copy yours."  Of course she wasn't supposed to do anything but enjoy being creative!  What a great lesson. 

So I took those pieces and let the creativity flow and made these four additional cards. 





Which card do you like best? 

Now my creative juices are flowing, I am going to clear off the desk after I finish this post and I am ready to open those boxes! 

Here's to letting yourself be creative.  It is good for the soul.

Michele

Below is a collage of the products I used.  Keep in mind that "Framed" stamp set, S1508 is the August stamp of the month, coordinates with the Artistry Cricut cartridge and is only available until August 31st, 2015.  Visit my website to purchase yours today for $5 with a $50 purchase or $17.95. 


No comments:

Post a Comment