July 08, 2015

Gifts Galore: Base and Bling


I love creating special gifts and as I was preparing for convention, I decided to make these easy but adorable Minnie Mouse purse charms for my roomies.  

 
The CTMH base and bling products made this a fast, simple and easy project.  I cut the Minnie silhouette and bow on my Cricut and then a one inch square of glitter paper for the background.  I layer all the pieces, inserted them into the pendant, added liquid glass and then the glass cover.  I was done!  When it dried, I added the charms and alligator clip to finish it off.  So fun!

Every gift needs “wrapping” so I cut the image from the Artiste Cricut cartridge, added some patterned paper for a splash of color, and tied the purse charm on the inside.  I closed it securely with a bit of waxy flax (an older CTMH product that I miss) and it was ready to include in my gift bag. 


In addition to the key charm, I found some fun Minnie notebooks that I dressed up with a band and the initial of each of my roomies.  I added a glow stick and a few little goodies…and I am ready to go. 

Beginning this fall, I will be offering a month workshop and kit to go featuring “gifts galore.”  I find it nice to have small gifts on hand that I can choose from when I am on the go but want to surprise someone with a little something.  As convention unfolds this week and new products are released, my busy little brain will be looking for ideas on special gifts.  Watch my upcoming calendar, Facebook posts and right here for these new workshops. 

Happy gifting!
Michele

1 comment: