November 08, 2013

From the Craft Room to the Dining Room

Create a beautiful tablescape for Thanksgiving with items in your craft room.  Here, I used the idea from the Close to My Heart catalog, to create a *candle “holder” decorated with leaves.  All the items were cut using the Artbooking Cricut cartridge.  The lattice was cut four times and then hinged together with matching cardstock.  The leaves were cut from a variety of papers from the Huntington Paper packet and then I added faux stitching for detail.  The place card was made using the Cricut Craftroom and welding together a shape to also create a folded piece and then added the overlay for a border. 

Happy Thanksgiving was stamped from the set “Perfect Fit:  Thanksgiving” 

CTMH-Close to my heart-Artbooking-Cricut-Huntington-Thanksgiving

Faux stitching is really easy with the two different rulers Close to My Heart offers. 

First, our basic ruler functions as a measure tool as well as a basic stitch guide and useful to align and space embellishments such as sparkles or brads.  Use the paper piercer and pad to poke starting holes. 

Z1114  z1471  Z1852  Z1859  X7174B

Second, our stitch guide has multiple stitch options as well as shapes such as hearts, circles, and stars.  You can use this to create holes if preparation for stitching or just create a pattern with the holes as a background on a card or scrapbook page. 

Finally, after creating my stitch line or pattern, I connect the dots with a fine tip marker to mimic a thread and thus create a faux stitch look.  Fast, simple and easy with the tools from Close to My Heart. 

*I would recommend that you only use the “battery operated” candles in these holders to prevent fire.

Keep a look out for my next tablescape idea:  placemats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment