October 07, 2013

Scandinavian Wishes

This delightful stamp set reminds me of our dear friend Carol.  She shared her family heritage by teaching her children about the Swedish tradition of Saint Lucia. 

“Christmas in Sweden begins with the Saint Lucia ceremony. Before dawn on the morning of 13 December, the youngest daughter from each family puts on a white robe with a red sash. She wears a crown of evergreens with tall-lighted candles attached to it. She wakes her parents, and serves them with coffee and Lucia buns. The other children accompany her. The boys dressed as star boys in long white shirts and pointed hats.”

I love the folk art look of these stamps. 

10-13 SOM Image

Four of the stamps in the set have Cricut cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge which makes creating even more fun. 

You can purchase this stamp set for $17.95 or get it for $5 with a minimum purchase of $50.  Shop on my website or contact me. 

Here’s my take on the stamp sets.  The first was inspired by some general Scandinavian prints I saw on the internet.  The second was designed by Lalia Harris from a card swap. 

CTMH-Close to my heart-Scandinavian wishes -Art Philosophy-Cricut-House

CTMH-Close to my heart-Scandinavian wishes -Art Philosophy-Cricut

Want to see more artwork using this set?  Grab a cup of your favorite fall beverage and follow this blog hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment