December 20, 2011

Rock the Block

Update:  Blog Hop to see artwork using the blocks and stamp set starts here.  Keep hopping until you get back to the beginning.  So much fun to see what everyone did with their kit.  Interested in getting your own set?  You can purchase it now with a $25 here. 

National Papercrafter’s month is just around the corner.  (January 2012.)  In celebration, Close to My Heart has done it again!  Rock the Block stamp set with the My Creations Block set.
Curious?  Here’s the stamp set.
002
Want to know more?  Here’s the block set, made up with photos of my brother’s family.
067
I started by coloring each edge of each block with cocoa ink.  If your paper pieces are just a tiny bit small, the white really sticks out.  I used Roxie paper to cover one side of each block as a “title” page but before I cut it in 2x2 squares, I used the stamp set to add style.
068
Then I took 6x6 photos, cut them into 2x2 squares, and using the memories bonding glue to attach each square to the cube.  One cute face at a time. 
070
Twist and turn each block to put together the face of a family member.  I think the kids are going to have lots of fun with this.  I am also excited to see how other consultants will use the blocks.  They are quite a creative bunch. 
The set of blocks will be in the Spring/Summer 2012 idea book but you will be able to get them beginning Dec 19 through Jan 31st along with the “E” size stamp set shown at the top.  The stamp set if for the special only.
How do you get it?  Spend $25 in CTMH products and order the “Rock the Block” set for $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment