July 11, 2011

Birds and Birdhouses speak summer to me!

I had an opportunity to be away by myself a week ago for about three days.  Besides painting the bathroom at our cabin, I took a couple of stamp sets that I had yet to even open and use.  I took inks, cutting tools, papers, adhesive, foam tape, sponge and blocks.  I also had a catalog with me.  It all fit nicely in a small basket.  No embellishments, no how to books, and no access to a store!  It was a great challenge to "use what I have."  Close to My Heart made it easy!

I started by perusing the catalog and then using some of the cards as a jumping off point using my paper and stamps.  Here is what I came up with using "Bless this Nest" and Mayberry Workshop on the go. 

It is hard to tell in the photo but I pleated the paper on the right side of the images. 

Faux stitching around the focal image on the left card and across the cocoa strip on the right card.

Paper roses.  Used the basic instructions from Tracey Mason.

Fun playing with Mayberry!

1 comment: