September 29, 2010

Heat Embossing Backgrounds

Heat embossing was one of the first techniques I learned as a paper crafter and I used to do it all the time.  I remember helping my friend learn how and we didn't have a heat tool so we turned a hot iron flat side up, covered it with foil, and then sent the embossed image on the iron until the powder heated up and set.  I feel like I am talking to my grandchildren "back when I was a paper crafter..."  Anyway, I now have a heat tool, a versa mark pad and several different colored embossing powders.  I have been playing with the black and one of my more rewarding uses has been to make backgrounds. 

If you are in the Bothell area, I am teaching this technique in my card camps this weekend.  Let me know if you want to join us.

Here is one of the cards we will make.  Although it may be hard to see, that black card base is embossed with black as a tone on tone technique. 

Other supplies I have used:
The Boo Crew stamp set, The Present stamp set, Hooligans level 2 paper packet, Sunset Mini Medley, Licorice Opaques


No comments:

Post a Comment