December 16, 2016

Flower Market Key 48 Brings Christmas Delight

Welcome!  And Holiday Wishes to You!

I created these cards which featured in my newsletter and the CTMH video I shared on this post

 

Here are some of the details that you might not "see" in the photo and how I made them. 
(You can also click on the photo to see it larger.)


From left to right:  
Card 1.  The top of the card is a piece of white cardstock, dry embossed the with snowflake embossing folder.  This folder retires on December 31st.  With the card folded shut, I used my small hole punch to create a notch and then a second one on the right side (just through the top layer) so I could secure the twine without glue. 

Card 2.  I also dry embossed the wood paper with the snowflake embossing folder and then carefully ran my white daisy ink pad over the paper to enhance their details.  I did heat set the ink...because I am impatient and didn't want to "wait" for it to dry before I continued my project.  I also added whisper gray sponging to the jar edges and then used my Warm Grey 4 Shin Han marker on the left side, carefully outing on the edge and creating a shadow on the lower left.  I then used the colorless blender to soften the ink.  Instead of using the ribbon that cuts with the jar, I added the white and gold twine.  To add a bit more shimmer, I dabbed my Shimmer Brush on each of the berries.  

Card 3.  Finally, this card is inspired by the layout that is shown in the video.  On the design space file, you will see that I have created the layout and the card for you to cut.  I couldn't let a good inspiration fall to the wayside!  The pattern is a reversed and of course the elements are smaller.  I used foam tape under the bow and for that bit of sparkle, yes you guessed it...Shimmer Brush.  I added mini sparkles too.  I just love the wood veneer trees from the Oh Deer assortment.  These too will be retiring Dec 31st so I may need to stock up for some summer outdoor layouts as well.  

Hope you have enjoyed this post and have had a chance to take a look at my newsletter.  I have started a new section call "Inspiration Corner" and hope to include creative ideas for in upcoming editions.  

Happy Holidays!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment