October 26, 2012

Alcohol Marker Madness

Close to my Heart introduced its new line of alcohol markers this past summer and although I have been a bit slow to try them, I can say, I love them.  Coloring can be very therapeutic and child-like but with regular markers I felt like I couldn’t get that even color that the “artist” in me wanted.  Well, now I have a solution.  Take a look at some of the artwork I have done in my playtime and then the video that shows more details how to use the markers. 
Close to My Heart-CTMH-Pun Fun-Flirty-Alcohol Markers-Artiste
Swing card with “Pun Fun” Cupcake colored with Honey and Cotton Candy markers. 
Close to My Heart-CTMH-Pun Fun-Flirty-Alcohol Markers-Artiste2
You can see the highlighted “sprinkles” on the cupcake, done with the alcohol blending pen.  This is different from our regular blending pen used with dye based inks.
Close to My Heart-CTMH-Card word puzzle-Alcohol Markers
This “experiment” was inspired by the talented Lisa Stenz.  I heat embossed the flowers on Cotton Candy paper and then colored with Cotton Candy markers.  You can see that the lower left is colored and the other two are not.  The card below shows them all colored. 
Close to My Heart-CTMH-Card word puzzle-Alcohol Markers2
Close to My Heart-CTMH-Card word puzzle-Alcohol Markers3
Here’s the markers, Cotton Candy, Cotton Candy light, and blending pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment