This last week I finished my Master's Degree in the CTMH Training Academy. I became a consultant 8 years ago and I was trained by upline (my mom, the best) and the Stamping cousins group I was a part of. I also went to convention after my first year. All these opportunities were helpful and as I put together my ideas and executed them, I had my ups and downs at growing my business. It was a bit of trial and error.
Now when you become a consultant, not only do you have your upline and other fellow consultants on your team to support you, you have an almost endless amount of resources for training from the company. Here are just a few of the resources that consultants have, whether just beginning or in the eighth year! There's always something new to learn.
1. Start with Heart: Weekly newsletters designed to help you get your business off to a great start. They are filled with just the right information to help you prioritize and set goals. The 13 Start with Heart issues will help keep you on track for making it Straight to The Top and also obtaining your Training Academy bachelor’s degree. (It even has guidelines for how your upline, that's me, can support you through each week.)
2. Training Academy: Brief, information-packed online courses in the areas of business, creative, personal development, and leadership. As you complete these courses you’ll develop a variety of skills, enhance your artistic gifts, meet and exceed your goals, and achieve leadership levels. There are three degrees, Bachelor, Masters, and PhD. You are rewarded at each level with a printed certificate of completion, recognition in the ribbon, and a beautiful pin when you complete your PhD.
3. Achievement Mentoring Program: This 90 day program allows you to work with your upline or another leader in the company to create goals, take steps toward attaining those goals, meeting your goals and evaluating your journey. It is mutually agreed upon relationship between two people and the mentor has online access to resources that help support in areas of improving business skills, encouraging others to stay motivated and focused on their goals, providing positive feedback and accountability, helping others face challenges, offering opportunities to learn and grow personally as well as professionally. I took advantage of this program with my upline Naomi in the fall of 2009 and I saw a huge growth in my business satisfaction. I have also mentored two of my downline who were able to attain their personal goals.
4. Online Office: This is the consultant side of the website that is complete with access to the training I have mentioned above, weekly updates from the company, a bulletin board where ongoing communication goes on between consultants about business ideas and art techniques. The source of many great ideas and inspiration. In addition the office allows you to place orders, monitor your customer purchases, and if you are a leader, access information to support your downline. It has resources for marketing your personal business as well.
5. Convention: I believe this is what has kept me going after all these years. The excitement, education, support, inspiration, and appreciation you receive in person, among your peers in more valuable than I can express. I come back every year with enough to keep me going...sometimes more than I physically can...for the next year. This past year was the first time one of my downline was able to join me and it was so great to share the experience with her. I am looking forward to attending with at least two of my downline next summer.
If you have ever thought about becoming a consultant, I would love to sit down and talk with you. I would like to hear your thoughts about how this opportunity would add blessings to your life.